Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

waiting for the results

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

waiting for the results - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:06 pm

"I'll go and get some," Chase said, walking over to the small, plastic water dispenser in the corner of the room, and pouring out some water into one of the cups. Walking back over, he set it next to the tablets, "There you go," he said, "and a Doctor sounds like a good idea. Good luck with it."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:13 pm

"Thanks, and thanks for the water" she said politely. "I'm going to Harvard University soon where I'll study medicine." she spoke and thought at the same time, it was like a light had been switched on in her mind and it was all becoming clear. She put both tablets into her mouth, took a sip of water and swallowed them both whole.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:23 pm

"Meant to be nice there, isn't that in Massachusetts?" Chase asked conversationally, glancing over to the monitor by the bed, to see if there had been any obvious change to her temperature, "Are you feeling any better?"
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:34 pm

"I'm feeling...better I think." she said in a dazed voice. She didn't feel so dizzy anymore and her nausia lessened slightly but she also felt like she had swallowed an ice cube. Lowering her temperature by a degree or two. "It's supposed to be one of the best collages in America."
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 5:58 pm

"I think a few of the Doctors from here went there," Chase said, smiling faintly, "And your temperatures gone down, so the ibuprofen is having the desired effect."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:01 pm

"Thats good" Pan said gladly, looking at the monitor. "Did they? Wow, must be good then. I wouldn't know, i've only seen photos." She said, eyes still fixed to the monitor as Chase's hair and accent together had like a hypnotic effect.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 2:43 pm

"Yeah. Anyway, I should be getting back to seeing other patients, that sorta thing now," Chase said, "I'll come back later. See how your doing and all that."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 2:56 pm

Pan smiled. "Okay, seeya later then." She agreed, but her voice was shaky as she was shivering. It had just started and despite her high temperature, Pan was freezing cold. Like she had just dived headfirst into an icy lake.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:17 pm

"Bye!" Chase said, about to turn round, but then he noticed Pandora's violent shivering. He stood there awkwardly, not really sure of what to do. "Not alot I can do about that," Chase said apologetically, "An unfortunate symptom of Yellow Fever."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:20 pm

"Is..Is... Is there a window open...?" She asked, shaking violently. "So... Cold!" She gasped, her knees up to her stomach as she rubbed the sides of her arms in a failed attempt to warm herself up.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:25 pm

"No, there's not a window open," Chase said, looking at her grimly, "Your temperatures the same as ever. It's simply another symptom of your disease."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:29 pm

"I'm freezing!" She stuttered, finding the cold unbearable as she had spent the last month and a half in various hot climates. "I have just come back from Africa!" She stated through chattering teeth, resting her forehead on her knees.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:38 pm

"Your not freezing," Chase said, raising his voice slightly, "It's simply a reaction to the disease. Nothing to worry about."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:42 pm

"It's unbearable!" She cried, she was so used to heat that her skin was sensative to the cold. "It literally hurts!" She whimpered, continuing to frantically rub the sides of her arms. "Bloody hell, whats it going to be like if it gets worse?!"
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:52 pm

"It won't get any worse," Chase said reassuringly, looking at her sympathetically, "Hopefully it won't last much longer."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 3:56 pm

Pan was crying now. She made no noise but tears streamed down her tanned face. "Why did I have to get this?" She sobbed, wondering why she was so unlucky.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 4:02 pm

"You were unlucky," Chase stated bluntly, "But it should all be fine in a few days. It really can't be that bad, it seems similar to a really bad case of flu. Anyway, on the bright side of things after this you'll be immune to it for the rest of your life."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptySat May 02, 2009 4:06 pm

"Oh joy." She said sarcastically. She was able to be sarcastic despite being in immense agony. "I guess I am just a highly unlucky person." She concluded.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:48 am

"Yeah," Chase said, stumped for what to say in response to that. Might be best to continue with telling her it would be over within a few days, he thought to himself, "Well you won't have to put up with it for much longer, and it could be much worse. At least its not Malaria or anything like that."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 12:06 pm

Pan managed to regain some self control. "Is there anything you can do to stop this?" She pleaded, her teeth chattering. "Anything at all?"
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:10 pm

"I'n sorry to say there really isn't much else I can do about that," Chase said grimly, "Putting on extra blankets would only make it worse, the fever that is, your temperatures already higher then it should be."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:21 pm

"Shit." She groaned, drawing her knees in tighter before realising her language. "Sorry" she added, rubbing her arms slowly. "How long does the shivering last normaly?" She asked, wondering how long this would continue for.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:41 pm

"It can differ from person to person, I would guess that you'll only have to put up with it for another hour or so," Chase said, not completely sure how accurate his answer was, but that was about the normal length for this symptom to go on for in other fever patients.
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 1:51 pm

"Kay. I guess it could be worse." Pan muttered to Chase, in consideration. To be truthfull, she was quite lucky. There were much worse situations to be in. "So, what's the weirdest thing you've seen in this hospital?" She asked, trying to start a conversation.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 EmptyFri May 08, 2009 2:11 pm

"I don't know," Chase said indecisively, "Nothing really seems that weird any more, especially after working here for several years. Guess it must be quite strange for you, being here. Have you been to hospital before?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

waiting for the results
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next