Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dr Perry Cox

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr. Cox
Admin
Dr. Cox

Dr Perry Cox Empty
PostSubject: Dr Perry Cox   Dr Perry Cox EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 7:53 am

Full name: Percival Ulysses Cox
Nicknames: Coxer, Per, Per Per, Coxy, Coxeroonie, Doctor C, Coxy, Dr Sarcasm
Occupation: Attending Physician of Internal Medicine and Residency Director, Interim Chief of Medicine, Chief of Medicine
Date of Birth: 12 October
Play By: John C. McGinley.

Eye Colour: blue
Hair Colour: Dark brown
Extra Information:

Scotch
His children
((In that order)).

Dislikes:
Hugh Jackman
Other people's children
Old people
((Again, in that order))

Strengths:
Witty
Funny
physically "fit".

Weaknesses:
Alcoholic
antisocial
likes to rant.

Personality: Dr. Cox is sarcastic and misanthropic, with a quick, cruel wit. He is also very concerned about the way he is perceived in the hospital, often making very illogical and self-destructive decisions in order to keep his "bad boy" image. He works out extensively and thus is physically fit; he shows off his physique by lounging around his apartment shirtless. He says that the "key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body." He is athletic, often found playing basketball in the hospital's parking lot with younger hospital employees. He was circumcised as a baby; however, his son was not.

Dr. Cox is constantly condescending to the residents, giving John "J.D" Dorian girl nicknames (i.e, "Tiffany", "Jennifer", etc.), calling Elliot "Barbie" and calling Turk "Gandhi". The one person he openly admits to tolerating in the hospital is Carla, who he once fell in love with before Turk arrived at the hospital. Though his feelings for Carla were still strong when she and Turk began to see each other, he never said anything to her as he felt it was not his place.

Other:
One of Dr. Cox's quirks is that he knows if someone is standing behind him and who it is, without turning around to check. He is also a very good golfer, regularly besting Dr. Kelso.

Cox is also seen to have quite a pessimistic view of optimists, as he once mentioned that "People aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with a bastard-filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as bobble-headed optimists who vomit sunshine and keep talking about the cute boy that works in the café."

Cox has an intense hatred for Hugh Jackman, even going so far as to mention him frequently in his rants about things he hates.

Family Background:
His son Jack's first full sentence was "daddy drinks a lot."
Cox's Irish-American family is from Pittsburgh. He has a sister, Paige, who is a born-again Christian
Cox has an extreme disliking of his father, whose grave he alludes to dancing on. when he was a small child, his father used to "drunkedly beat Perry and Paige from room to room whilst their mother watched." Dr. Cox was both emotionally and physically abused by his now-dead parents. He once said that his father made the mistake of thinking he (Perry) was someone who "gives a crap" on his death bed.

Cox is legally divorced from Jordan Sullivan but the two have lived together in an exclusive relationship since Jordan discovered she was pregnant. The marriage appears to have started out strongly, but went downhill and eventually ended when Jordan slept with Dr. Cox's then-protegé Peter Fisher

He has two children with Jordan: a son named Jack and, after an unsuccessful vasectomy, a daughter named Jennifer Dylan (J.D.). When Jordan first becomes pregnant with Jack she tells Cox that she had been impregnated by a Greek bellboy. At first, Cox feels nothing connecting him to the boy (who at the time has no name), but begins to feel a connection after the child responds to the name Jack (which Cox had been trying to impress upon him for some time). J.D.'s college friend Spencer accidentally tells Cox that he (Dr. Cox) is actually Jack's father and he takes on the role of father with much more sincerity. Cox has a very unorthodox way of raising Jack, often treating him like his "drinking buddy." Nonetheless, Cox loves his son very much and tries fervently to be a better father than his own was. Cox often talks to Jack in lieu of a therapist. When Jordan is pregnant with their second child it is revealed that they want a girl and Dr. Cox is a doting father to her.

Roleplay Example:
Dr. Cox sat in his office. A glass of scotch in one hand and a pen in the other. He was signing morgery form so to specify he knew who had died and who hadn't. He got bored almost instantly and started swivelling in his chair looking for something else to do. Suddenly, he caught his reflection shining back at him from his wall-hanging mirror. "Look at me!" He said lustfully. "I'm perfect!" and there he sat until his shift was over.
Back to top Go down

Dr Perry Cox
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: OOC Area :: Accepted Applications-
Jump to: