Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

One week later - 6:30am

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Layleen Cartwright

Layleen Cartwright

One week later - 6:30am Empty
PostSubject: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptyMon May 04, 2009 3:41 pm

Strumming her guitar, Layleen sat on her bed singing loudly to her favourite song. She knew it was early, but there were rarely any days where she felt so good. Usally she would lay in bed all day feeling ill, but not today. It had been early a week she had been here, after being diagnosed with cancer, but she couldn't be less bothered. Her friends at the resturant had been pityfull, but not Lyaleen. She had been a little anoyed at the pity, she hated it.
Back to top Go down
Angela Scott

Angela Scott

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:28 am

Angela opened the door to Layleen's room, looking rather flustered. Her shift was due to end in about an hour, and she had been working all night. "Sorry to bother you, Miss Cartwright. Could you possibly keep the noise down? There have been complaints from the other patients next door."
Back to top Go down
Layleen Cartwright

Layleen Cartwright

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:31 am

Layleen stopped abrubtly. "I like singing this loud. I'd leave, but I kinda can't." she didn't mean to be rude, it was in her nature.
Back to top Go down
Angela Scott

Angela Scott

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:35 am

"Well for the benefit of the other patients, could you possibly avoid singing at this time of the morning," Angela said, in a polite tone, "Some are still trying to sleep, which they are unable to do when your playing your guitar and singing so loudly."
Back to top Go down
Layleen Cartwright

Layleen Cartwright

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:40 am

"I could probibly try and do as I have been all week by laying in bed ill, but I would much rather prefer to be playing my guitar." she smiled slightly. "In case you havent noticed this is my way of saying 'let me go home or this is hell'. But I guess they should have pity." Sighing, Layleen placed her guitar by the side of her bed. "When can I go home?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Angela Scott

Angela Scott

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:44 am

"You can't go home," Angela said apologetically, looking at her with pity, "You've got terminal cancer, and making all that noise, ruining other patients quality of life isn't going to change that."
Back to top Go down
Layleen Cartwright

Layleen Cartwright

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:46 am

She shrugged slightly. "I guess I thought I could block out the world." Layleen muttered. "But really though, If I'm going to die, I'd much rather do it at home... alone." 'Where no one can hear me,' she thought.
Back to top Go down
Angela Scott

Angela Scott

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:53 am

"Miss Cartwright, Dr. Wilson said that you have to stay in hospital, were we can continue to administer the treatments to prolong your life for as much as possible," Angela said, keeping up the neutral tone and expression, "You've probably still got a good 6 months left, if you stay in Hospital."
Back to top Go down
Layleen Cartwright

Layleen Cartwright

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:55 am

"What treatment?!" said Layleen exasperated. "We've already esablished that it's untreatable!"
Back to top Go down
Angela Scott

Angela Scott

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 4:57 am

"With Chemotherapy we can slow down the spread of the tumour," Angela said, finding her ignorance a little bit irritating, "But yes, it is untreatable, but your life expectancy can be lengthened slightly."
Back to top Go down
Layleen Cartwright

Layleen Cartwright

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:00 am

"Why lengthen it." she replied shortly. "When I will only be in bed for the rest of it anyway." her eyes drifted towards the window and she murmered some lyrics. "So what good am I to you, If I can't be broken..."
Back to top Go down
Angela Scott

Angela Scott

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:03 am

"I'm sure your friends and family would appreciate you having longer, even if you don't," Angela said, really not in the mood to be dealing with the people in this sector, most of whom seemed to be chronically depressed because of the cancer, "And you get to live longer, that can hardly be a bad thing."
Back to top Go down
Layleen Cartwright

Layleen Cartwright

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 5:05 am

"Are you mocking me?" she asked turning back to her. "I'd much rather die."
Back to top Go down
Angela Scott

Angela Scott

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 1:27 pm

"No! No, I'm not mocking you. I was just saying that a bit longer might be nice," Angela said uneasily, "If going home's what you really want, then you should discuss it with Dr. Wilson. Look at your options and all that."
Back to top Go down
Layleen Cartwright

Layleen Cartwright

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am EmptySat May 09, 2009 1:32 pm

"Sorry." replied Layleen. "I don't mean to be so rude. When can I see him?" she asked drawing her knees to her chest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One week later - 6:30am   One week later - 6:30am Empty

Back to top Go down

One week later - 6:30am
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital :: Second Floor :: Patient Rooms-
Jump to: