Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sitting in the cafeteria

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr Dorian
Admin
Dr Dorian

Sitting in the cafeteria Empty
PostSubject: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:00 pm

J.D sat in the Cafeteria. A cold cup of coffee in his hands. He had just been told a patient he had become quite attatched to had died due to a mistake made by a foolish intern. The patient had been 25. A year younger than J.D. Dr Dorian had been sitting in the same position, crying quietly for 40 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Kate Wright

Kate Wright

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:19 pm

"Aww." said Kate standing by the table. She didn't say it in a mocking tone, more pityfull. "What's up?" She didn't bother for a reply while taking a seat. "You looked sad, so I thought I'd come over." She smiled reasuringly.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dorian
Admin
Dr Dorian

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:23 pm

"hey" J.D said quietly, still staring at his cold coffee. "It's nothing." He murmered, his voice croaky and hoarse
Back to top Go down
Kate Wright

Kate Wright

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:27 pm

"If it was really nothing you wouldn't be upset like this would you?" stated Kate. "Kinda reminds me of myself... upset all the time I am." she sighed slightly. "Would've thought I'd be over this by now."
Back to top Go down
Dr Dorian
Admin
Dr Dorian

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:29 pm

"Whats your story?" He asked only slightly interested but listening all the same.
Back to top Go down
Kate Wright

Kate Wright

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:31 pm

She shrugged. "I'm pregnant." was her 'so,so' reply, not looking at him. It made her feel awkward.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dorian
Admin
Dr Dorian

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:35 pm

"Oh" J.D sighed absent mindedly, he had heard of this girl and chose not to question her but the temptation was too much. "Bit young aren't you?" he said without thinking
Back to top Go down
Kate Wright

Kate Wright

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:37 pm

Kate rolled her eyes and laughed. "Yeah, that's the point. If I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't be here slash upset slash single." her smiled faded. "What's your story then?"
Back to top Go down
Dr Dorian
Admin
Dr Dorian

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:40 pm

"Someone I knew just passed." He said, wiping his eyes. "It's stupid, I'm a doctor. I see this kinda thing all the time! He was 25!" He said with exasperation. Very aware of his own mortality.
Back to top Go down
Kate Wright

Kate Wright

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:46 pm

She watched him saddly. "25's better than 5." Kate decided to say. "I always thought life was the same after you're 30. You just get old and that's no fun."
Back to top Go down
Dr Dorian
Admin
Dr Dorian

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:49 pm

"He was younger than me!" He said in realisation. "He's dead and he's younger than me!" His mind was filled with morbid thoughts and various scenes of his own demise.
Back to top Go down
Kate Wright

Kate Wright

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:52 pm

"You should have seen my mum when I told her! I was practicly as dead as him!" she stopped relising what she was saying. "I'm sorry." she said deeply ashamed of herself. "I didn't mean to say that..."
Back to top Go down
Dr Dorian
Admin
Dr Dorian

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 3:55 pm

J.D felt like he was going to burst out crying. "I have to go." He said hurridly before sprinting out of the cafeteria where he jumped onto his moped, sped home and locked himself in his apartment. He found Rowdy and hugged him, crying loudly.
Back to top Go down
Kate Wright

Kate Wright

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptySat Apr 25, 2009 4:00 pm

Kate felt the tears burn in her eyes. She rested her head on her arms on the table trying not to cry so hard. Why did she always have to mess things up like that? Way to make conversation... Eventually a tear came down her cheek, she sniffed and sat up properly, wiping it away. She was being silly and imature after all. This was life, and she'd better start to get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:30 am

Mattie walked in wobbily. She had gotten lost and accidentally wandered into Dr. Cox's office and was about to leave but had spotted the bottle of scotch and tipped a large amount into her polystyrene cup of tea. She had gotten hungry and so decided to venture out into the open. The only space was one next to a red haid who was about her age and obviously pregnant. She went over to her carefully. "can I sit here?" she asked cautiously
Back to top Go down
Kate Wright

Kate Wright

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:35 am

Kate looked up. "Yeah sure." she said not really caring. "whatever." she muttered not indening her to hear the last part.
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:45 am

Mattie nodded and sat down. She sat in silence for a while, sipping at her 'tea'. She looked around disinterestedly, not at all the type to start conversation
Back to top Go down
Kate Wright

Kate Wright

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:50 am

"Haven't I seen you before?" asked Kate, thinking she might as well say something. "You go to the high school round the corner right?"
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 12:35 pm

"Oh, um no...I'm home-schooled. I used to but I left." Mattie said stupidly, disorientated by the girl talking to her. "You look familiar to, is there anywhere I might have seen you?"
Back to top Go down
Kate Wright

Kate Wright

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 12:51 pm

"I've been here before if thats what you mean. Mabye you've seen me around?" sugessted Kate shrugging.
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 2:08 pm

"I dont come here often. I dont like hospitals. Especially this one." Mattie said grimly, looking around with hatred
Back to top Go down
Kate Wright

Kate Wright

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Kate smiled weekly. "I don't eather. Hospitals suck. I didn't even want-," she paused. "I think you know what I mean."
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 3:16 pm

Mattie sat in confusion. Evidently she did not know what Kate was talking about. "huh?" she asked oddly, she was confused due to a side-effect of the cyanide poisoning and the scotch wasn't helping.
Back to top Go down
Kate Wright

Kate Wright

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 9:17 am

"Never mind." replied Kate. She looked at her watch. "I gues I'd better get going. Ultrasound and all.." she stood up. "See you around I gues."
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 11:15 am

"Okay." Mattie said, still rather confused. "Seeya later." She waved slightly before rubbing her eyes. She was so tired but completely refused to sleep at this hospital!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sitting in the cafeteria   Sitting in the cafeteria Empty

Back to top Go down

Sitting in the cafeteria
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital :: First Floor :: Cafeteria-
Jump to: