Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Diagnosing Mattie

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr. Gregory House
Admin
Dr. Gregory House

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 2:11 pm

House limped over to Matilda's bedside, cane tapping loudly on the floor as he walked. He had been assigned to this patient for no reason of which he knew, and was rather pissed off because of it. Because the lifts were currently out of order he had had to walk down several flights of stairs to the ER. Once he had reached the bed, he glanced down at the notes by the table, where one of the paramedics had scruffily written down her symptoms. Glancing over them it was quite clear to him that she had some kind of poisoning. Taking out a syringe from one of the cabinets nearby, he continued his limp towards her, with the aim of getting a blood sample.
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 2:25 pm

Matilda was unconcious on the bed. She didnt move but her breathing was deep and forced. Like she was struggling a little to breathe
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gregory House
Admin
Dr. Gregory House

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 2:31 pm

House stuck the needle in her, filling it with her blood, and then proceeding to limp away, with the syringe in hand, up to his team to get it tested.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Around twenty minutes later House limped back into the room, now knowing what the cause of this was. Cyanide Poisoning. Quite severe as well, he had a syringe full of Hydroxycobalamin, which was some sort of chemical that would filter the cyanide out of her system. It was quite popular in France, particularly for victims of smoke inhalation. In theory it should work well enough here. "There we are," he muttered, injecting it into her arm.

Last edited by Dr. Gregory House on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:26 pm

Matilda's breathing gradually became more normal until it was almost fine. Apparently the antidote had worked.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gregory House
Admin
Dr. Gregory House

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:32 pm

House paused for a moment, wondering whether he should bother going back upstairs. If he did then he would probably be forced into some other case by Cuddy. On the other hand he could stay here, probably without disturbance for the next several hours, until the end of the day. Limping over to the chair in the right hand corner of the room, he sat down, glancing at his watch.
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:45 pm

After around 20 mins, Matilda awoke, choking and panicking. As she looked around and realised where she was, she started to feel panick inching up the back of her neck and her eyes opened wide in terror. "What. What happened? Why am I here!" she gasped, trying to breathe but fear made her need to breathe slowly.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gregory House
Admin
Dr. Gregory House

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:52 pm

House looked at her, frowning. He was really hoping that she'd gone into a coma or something. At least that way he wouldn't have to deal with another whiny patient. "Relax, kid. Your in a hospital," House said irritably, leaning back in the chair, "As for why your here, well, that one you obviously already know. Though how did you get your hand on that? Seems a rather unusual feat for someone who looks about 12."

Last edited by Dr. Gregory House on Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Matilda didn't know what do. This was her worst nightmare being lived. "I... I... I'm 14" she stuttered weakly, unable to say anything more she looked down.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gregory House
Admin
Dr. Gregory House

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:17 pm

"You are?" House asked, in exaggerated surprise, standing up from his chair, "Well, this is the time where I leave the room. You'll probably be moved up to the ER soon." House grabbed his cane, slowly making his way towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:23 pm

Matilda stared up at house in shock having never met someone so rude. "your just going to leave me." she stated plainly. She could feel a 'downturn' coming and as she looked around she saw numerous sharp objects and toxins.
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:25 pm

Matilda stared up at house in shock having never met someone so rude. "your just going to leave me." she stated plainly. She could feel a 'downturn' coming and as she looked around she saw numerous sharp objects and toxins. In particular, she saw a large, sterile scalpel staring at her from nearby.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gregory House
Admin
Dr. Gregory House

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:29 pm

"Yep, your in a stable enough condition," House said nonchalantly, not pausing on his walk towards the door, "Do you have an objection to that?"
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:36 pm

"Do I have an objection to sitting in a basement of my own personal hell on my own for god-knows how long it takes you to find an incapable twat to attempt to find out whats wrong with me?" Mattie said hotly, her temper rising
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gregory House
Admin
Dr. Gregory House

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:39 pm

"I know exactly what's wrong with you," House said, in a slightly smug tone of voice, pausing by the door, "And you'll be out of here soon enough. As I said, they'll move you to IE soon."
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:43 pm

"fine." she said quietly. The tone and volume of her voice dropping. "Whats wrong with me then?" she asked House, smugly, but not as arrogantly as House's response.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gregory House
Admin
Dr. Gregory House

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:47 pm

"Cyanide Poisoning," House said, his smirk quite heavily pronounced, "It's a surprise your still alive really. Pretty much had a lethal dose of it."
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Matilda looked at House in confusio for a moment. "Cyanide? What the..." she started, a look of incomprehension on her face. "How could that have happened?" She murmed with concern
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gregory House
Admin
Dr. Gregory House

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:57 pm

"I've no idea. I'll leave you to ponder over it on your own," House said, opening the door to walk through.
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:01 pm

"Fine!" she exclaimed with annoyance. Finding House's attitude frustrating. He had to be the rudest person she had ever met but she was forced to admit his rudeness amused her slightly
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gregory House
Admin
Dr. Gregory House

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:06 pm

House walked through the door, not bothering to look back or close the door behind him.
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:09 pm

Matilda didn't even give it a minute before she was on her feet and walking swiftly to the door. Her mood was changing and she didn't to be in there when it did
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gregory House
Admin
Dr. Gregory House

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:13 pm

House heard the sounds of footsteps from the room behind him, and swivelled round, walking back towards the door, looking rather irritated. "Have you never been to a hospital before?!" House asked with disdain, and then spoke slowly, as one would to a small child, "Get back into bed, you won't be in that room for much longer."
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:18 pm

"my last trip to the hospital was not a pleasant experience. I tend to avoid them at all costs." She whispered angrily, refusing to move. "I am fine, now I wish to leave." she demanded firmly
Back to top Go down
Dr. Gregory House
Admin
Dr. Gregory House

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:21 pm

"No, your not fine, and your not leaving," House said irritably, "Do you know what Cyanide is? No, Clearly not. You need to stay her so you recover from it."
Back to top Go down
Matilda Jane
Admin
Matilda Jane

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 5:25 pm

"I don't care. I do not wish to stay here. Being here right now is bad enough!" Mattie complained angrily
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Diagnosing Mattie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diagnosing Mattie   Diagnosing Mattie Empty

Back to top Go down

Diagnosing Mattie
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital :: Basement :: Emergency Room-
Jump to: