Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

waiting for the results

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

waiting for the results Empty
PostSubject: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:15 pm

Pan lay in the bed of her room. She was quite an active person so for her this was like torture. She was 18 and stuck in some hospital bed for a reason she didn't even know. A sample of her blood had been taken for testing and she was currently waiting for the results. She hoped it wasn't too serious as she hoped to be leaving the hospital soon as she was due to be heading off to Australia in a couple of weeks to go rock climbing, paragliding, parachuting and white water rafting before she was due to start colledge.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:28 pm

Chase opened the door to the room, no longer wearing the face mask of earlier as the disease she had was determined to be non contagious, though it was certainly a very serious condition, none the less. "Hey. We've got the results in," he said, sombrely, "It's admittedly not great news. You've got Yellow Fever. Luckily so far you've only been displaying the symptoms of the first stage, which is basically what you've been experiencing so far, though we're unsure if you'll go on to develop the later symptoms, the chances are quite low that you will though."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:51 pm

Pan was confused at first as to who this person was after only having people completely covered and defended against infection enter the room. All she knew was 1. this guy was probably a Doctor, 2. He was Australian and she loved his accent and 3. He had the most awesome hair she had ever seen in her entire life. If what he was saying wasn't so serious, she would have just sat there admiring it. But that wasn't an option. "Okay." She accepted the information without complaint. "What are my erm, options? Or what happends next?"
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 12:59 pm

"Well, your options are pretty limited. We can treat the fever with ibuprofen, but there's no specific treatment for the virus itself," Chase said, grimacing, "And as for what happens next, well, chances are you'll recover from it in a few days. Either that or you'll move onto the second stage, and keep in mind this only affects 15% of people with the disease. If that happened then you'd continue to have a fever, and most of your current symptoms. But you'd probably also start feeling lethargic, and there would be a possibility of liver and kidney damage. But as I said, that's pretty unlikely to happen."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:04 pm

"Alright." She muttered, nodding and thinking. She had accepted the idea of death as a young child so she wasn't really that peturbed by it. "If it gets worse, will I die?" She had to know all the same. If she was going to die, she didn't want to spend her remaining life in hospital. She would rather die falling 50,000 ft from a helicopter attatched to a large elastic band.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:10 pm

Chase hesitated for a moment before speaking, lowering his voice, "Possibly. But again, the chances are low, the most likely scenario is that you'll recover in a couple of days, so I wouldn't worry about that yet."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:15 pm

"Okay. Right. Okay." She rambled, thinking hard which was difficult and painfull as her head started to ache so she decided to change the subject. "Where in Australia are you from?" She asked, interestedly, she wanted to know what it was like for when she left. She wanted to know about the people, the culture, the food. Almost everything.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:31 pm

"Melbourne," Chase answered, smiling faintly, wandering what the point was of the change of subject, "Anyway, we should get you started on the Ibuprofen now. It would probably be best to try to relieve the symptoms that we can as soon as possible. Okay?"
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:36 pm

"Alright" She said lightly, returning the weak smile. "Was it nice there?" She asked, making some form of conversation having not really spoken to anyone for a long time. She had missed the usual traces of civilisation like talking, going out, meeting people and that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:45 pm

"Yeah, it was. Still, I prefer it over here," Chase said, walking over to one of the medicine cabinets, hoping that the drug required would be in there, as that would save him a trip to the nearest supply room, "And are you English? Don't usually see many Brits around here."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 1:49 pm

"Yeah, I moved here earlier this year. Decided I needed a fresh start in life. England held a few bad memories." She said solemnly. The ghosts of her horrific past vivid in her memory.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:00 pm

"I see," Chase said, finally catching sight of the ibuprofen. Grabbing it he walked over to Pandora's bedside. "Right, with these its safe to take about one every four to six hours," he said, placing them down on the table next to the bed.
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:05 pm

"Okay" She said softly, wiping away a silent tear on the back of her hand. "Why did you leave?" She asked, wanting to know why anyone would leave such a perfect country.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:15 pm

Chase glanced away, feeling rather uncomfortable, not really wanting to discuss his motives for leaving the country with one of his patients. "It was complicated," he murmured, keeping any eye contact broken, then asked, in an attempt to deflect the subject, feigning interest, "Why do you ask? Have you been there before?"
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:18 pm

"Not yet, I'm supposed to be flying out there in two weeks. Doesn't seem too likely from where I'm standing. I wish I could have gone before, now that there's a chance I might not ever go there." She said sadly, almost wishing she had never gone to Egypt.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:22 pm

"Ah, right. Well, I'm sure you'll get a chance to go there at some point," Chase said, in a light tone, "Anyway, the mortality rate for Yellow Fever's pretty low. You needn't be worrying about that."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:10 pm

"I'll take your word for it." Pan said smiling. "I'm glad I got you as my Doctor." She said calmly. She liked Chase incredibly, he seemed to actually care about his work.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:54 pm

Chase smiled briefly, rather flattered by this. "Thanks," he mumbled, "So yeah, we'll monitor your condition over the next few days, see how it goes."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:05 pm

"Okay, great." She said, feeling better now she knew what it was that was wrong with her and greatly prefering seeying Chase's face than hearing a muffled voice behined a sterile mask. "What's it like? working here I mean."
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:16 pm

"It's great, bit stressful, but worth it," Chase answered truthfully, wondering what was with all of this questioning, "So, do you have any plans as to what sort of profession you want to go into after all this?"
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:26 pm

"Well, I dont really need to work for money, I have insurance money which is more than enough but I would love to do a job where I can help people. Make a change ya' know." she said in perspective. She wanted to make something of her life instead of money gained from having her skull smashed in and permanent scars made across her upper arms from being hit with car jump leads.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:34 pm

"You could do some volunteer work," Chase suggested, "You know, do a bit of voluntary work over in Africa maybe. Never done anything like that myself, but it does sound like quite a good thing to do."
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:43 pm

"I wanna do something like that. Although I think I can officially rule out Africa after this." She said subjectively. "I think I would like to try something thats a bit more challenging." she said carefully.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chase

Dr. Chase

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:50 pm

"You would? Like what?" Chase asked intently, wondering is she was ever going to get round to taking the Ibuprofen tablets.
Back to top Go down
Pandora Jones
Admin
Pandora Jones

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:59 pm

"I was thinking of training to be a Doctor actually." she said in thought before following Chase's gaze to the ibuprofen and remembered she was supposed to take it. She tipped out two of the little tablets into her palm. "Do you have any water?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: waiting for the results   waiting for the results Empty

Back to top Go down

waiting for the results
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next